Monday, August 1, 2016

I'm in Brasil, and Seeing The World



[from 7/18/16]
Hello world!


The mission has made me tired. I almost slept in today! But the fun thing is that we get to work hard all week and then when we get Mondays to sleep a little more during the day.

So here's my week in a nutshell. I got to start my week off well and get to work, but Tuesday or Wednesday my companion had a few issues we had to work out. But now we got them worked out. Only up from here. We had a few activities that were very fun. We have been actively waiting to mark a baptism date with a woman we have been teaching. She is very good to teach because she wants to learn! 


Other than marking a date in August, we also got to run around a lot, finding a piece of Japan, cherry tree in bloom, finding things they have only here in Brasil, and freezing in a tropical climate. We have been blessed with a lot here, but insulation wasn't one of those things! Anyway, good experience for the week, we found a less active member who plays music in his house who has a strong testimony, but he has a problem with cancer. He's fighting it, and we'll be seeing him at church if we can help him a bit.


Anyway, time’s up for me, Love you all! Until next week!


Elder Joel A. Smith

The Cousins of Faith

How I Wake Up Every Morning

My Little Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment