Monday, March 16, 2015

I got stuck in the rain again this week... Brasil‏



Yep, nothing new there. Just having fun figuring out what I can and can't do to get my companion to call me a fubeca [?]. The pictures are kind of bad, sorry. The long story short is there's something wrong with the lens and I'm working on it.

So, we got to have some real fun here in Brasil again. "Knocking" on every gate that had a window open. We have some great people here, but we have a few road blocks. Gabriel has been an investigator since I got here, and his dad (who doesn't even live with him) hasn't given his permission to let him be baptized. Andre has a head full of ideas that he wants to be a god and create his own plan and have his free agency now. He's not progressing, in case you were wondering. And the others are relatively new, so we don't know how the cards will play out with them yet. But I have to tell you, every time I open my mouth I know one more time that the Church is true, we have a prophet living, we have a power that exceeds anything on earth given to us, and we aren't here to live and die. But to get all the blessings in the end, we have a few steps we need to take. John 3:5 [“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”]

We found a fun little place to work every now and again. We found literally 3 buracos de Narnia [“holes of Narnia”] this week to work. And we have eleitos [elect] there!!! But we still have to be careful as these places are poor and have a ton of shoes on the power lines. Meaning drug dealers or armed gangs usually. Fun stuff.

Shout out to those of you sending letters: Thanks for thinking of me! I'm still struggling with the new culture and everything and it's nice to have something to read every once in a while.

So the pictures are of eating pizza in the house, waiting for the rain to pass with Elder Matos, and a party in the house of Deise our recent convert that I baptized.

Tchau!
Elder A. Smith








No comments:

Post a Comment