Monday, April 13, 2015

My Friends from Pinheirinho



NOTE: Joel’s mission address has changed. See the new address in the sidebar to the right, below his mission picture.

So, here's my life from Brasil: Eat, make contacts, teach lessons, read scriptures, sleep, repeat. And here's the fun part, I'm enjoying it! I would have never guessed I could have been happy trying to teach people that would reject you and try to make you look stupid (that I'll explain in a bit). But I'm loving the work of the Lord here, and I'm still trying to get used to some of the people here in my new area, but I'm starting to understand them better.

I have a confession to make, in the field I don't count the time I spent in the MTC in Provo or the CTM in São Paulo as a part of my mission as I really learned only 3 things  there: order the lessons, a basic "greetings" lesson in Portuguese, and don't eat the chicken cordon blue. So I have 5 1/2 months of really learning the language and I'm already fluent... with a relatively limited vocabulary. I can talk, and listen, and give a lot of lessons and, relatively speaking, I'm fluent. I have a few grammatical things to clean up but other than that this language is fácil [easy].

BAPTISMS!!! We'd like you to meet Vitoria, Marcos, and Jeniffer. Marcos is excited and more about the church, Vitoria is also a good friend in the church already, and Jeniffer is waiting for a boyfriend to visit to be baptized but she wants to be too. So the only problem is keeping Jeniffer interested, Vitoria with a group of friends, and Marcos from doing our work for us. He's already (like yesterday) bringing friends to church!

That's all the time I have for now, check my blog for more info. My mission address changed and if you want to know more, send me a letter. I have all the time in a Segunda-feira [Monday] to write back. Tchau!

Elder A. Smith
Vitoria, Elder Smith, Marcos, Elder Barros, Jeniffer

No comments:

Post a Comment