Monday, August 15, 2016

I'm in Brasil, and Supposedly it's Winter



Hello relations, I hope this message finds you all happy and well.

This week I have worked a lot and felt that I had some success. [My new companion is Elder Whitney.] As a [new] companionship we are alright; we don't have anything that is hurting us; we'll be alright. We just have a lot to do today; I have to run a lot of errands.

We're working with a couple who need help. The husband drinks until he sleeps, we got to see one of those. We were helping him and when he starts to feel pressured he drinks and then another, and another and another ... He needs help. So we're not going to be quitting on him too easily. He wants to change; just it'll take time and him taking the thing seriously.

Other than last week having a member in the ward pass away and me getting transferred I had some fun with the families. Wilson, Cleide, Felipe Victor and Ilza... What a good family, Jose Henricke, his family, Leandro, Jesica, Juliano... Em fim, there are a lot of people I'm going to be missing from there.

There's the lowdown on mission life. You make friends and then you leave. Here, I hope, I can stay for a while. I'm liking the area. The members are great, the "ward" is small, and there's a lot of work to be done. Anyway, here's my week, hope to hear from you all next week!

Elder Joel A. Smith

Elder Whitney:  Newell K Whitney's great-great-great-great-grandson!

My companions all do some quirky thing when it gets cold

The Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment