Saturday, February 21, 2015

Week of Elder Joel Smith

Carnaval happened and I got bumped until today to write due to many splits with other missionaries. Don't look up Carnaval! Simply, Mardis Gras in America is Carnaval here.

I am now almost fluent at this language with a huge gap in my vocabulary. I can speak fluently about simple things, church wise, experiences in the field and so on. But if I want to talk about just about anything outside of that, good luck.  

Lojas [stores] americano we have, more common are the [Chinese?] shops, yes we have hamburgers and fries, but I personally would rather eat with the members.

And POR FIM [finally]!!! my feet are alright.   

We found some awesome investigators that we can visit next week. We made a contact really special and it went like a normal conversation. We stopped in the road and just talked and made out that the couple is planning to get married in the year to come, and a friend of the young lady was on a mission in Argentina. They accepted an opportunity that we offered to pass by this coming week and teach. Really simply they were really open and willing to listen.
Zone Leader with Celebratory Pizza

Celebratory Pizza

Family of Isalino

The Zone



 

No comments:

Post a Comment