Monday, June 1, 2015

Brasil and that odd missionary, my companion‏



Olá! I'm still working out how Brasil is so bipolar that I'm now a bit worried about the well being of my fingers. Ladies and gentlemen it is COLD in Brasil!

So, my understanding is that my email from last week didn't go... probably because this is a weird location to have computers that don't like files attached to the emails. BUT, this week I figured it out!
STORY TIME! I'm happy to say that our service here isn't all that bad, we are literally preparing for an onslaught of 7 baptisms in the next transfer. A family of four, and three individuals that are just hoping that they're understanding. This family of four is a blessing that a member gave us! The member was a stake leader from my old area and he just dropped by, literally self prepared the family and said: Just baptize them. Okay, We're now teaching them and they couldn't have been better prepared. We have now had 4 experiences with this family that have literally answered questions, changed thoughts about what church should be like, and given us pizza. So, you could say that was a success.

We were working in the yard of one of our investigators who is building his house, and I for the first time, got to make concrete. That was some heavy work let me tell you! After mixing, I helped carry the bucket and put concrete in the areas that are necessary to build a foundation of a basic home here in Brasil. My companion already worked construction so he had his work down, but I was just learning and so all the party was teasing the "greengo" about what houses are like in America. After all that we had ribs, like the whole side of a cow ribs. So all was good in the end.

And then we have one of our investigators who is still waiting for an answer that she already has! She wants to feel it, and she needs a connection in the church: you who have served or are serving, any ideas?

We also have a less active who is preparing to go on a mission. We're working to reactivate him and then he can baptize his little sister. I'll tell you more about them next week! Até Próximo!!

Tchau! Elder Joel A. Smith
 Crazy-brasileiro-loving-scarves-in-the-cold

Family Home Evening family

HATS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment