Monday, December 14, 2015

Brasil, and Grabski (Grab-skee)

From December 7, 2015



Family, friends, Other relations, I made it through the week.

I'm glad to say I didn't drown, that would have been a surprise to you all, but it rained all week, and then some. I'm surprised no one got pneumonia! But that said, we are all still in one piece. We had a transfer, but only one missionary left, a new one arrived, and the two companionships changed. Elder Grabski is now my district leader, and I have a new assistant on our side. I've been here a while, it's likely in the next transfer I'll be heading out. But that's to be expected.

Last P-day we went to a museum. And we got to see some cool stuff (see pictures below). I also got to work out some little details about the marriage we're trying to do. Unfortunately, it's going to be a little more difficult than we thought. That means a lot of work from the missionaries
.
A few of the stories of the week:  We were happily walking along when we found a river that was not where a river should be. It was too large to jump, too long to walk around and just too close to our apartment. We needed to get into our apartment, so we thought it would be a good idea to just walk through it. Yep, so we got wet really fast. Fortunately, the phone was one of the few things that stayed dry.

The other story is one of humor. We were teaching a new family, they both are 19 years old, so in my book newlyweds still. But they have this big Pitbull mix. It's partially blind, but it's still huge, and it wanted to meat us (no, that wasn't a spelling-error!!) the lesson went well, but the dog wanted in, and the family was a little reluctant to shut the door as it was muggy. In the end, there was a small wrestling match between the young man and the dog the whole lesson to protect the missionaries from becoming doggy-treats.

Have a good, week enjoy the photos!

Elder Joel A. Smith

An American (US) dollar in a Brazilian museum

It's raining, men, Hallelujah

Old television set in museum

Pinkie and the Brain firing a cannon

Smallest sewing machine I've ever seen

No comments:

Post a Comment