Sunday, July 3, 2016

Cold, Party, Brasil

[from 6/20/16]



I'm in the cold part of the year here in Brasil, but that hasn't meant rain until last week. I don't like rain ... it's wet and uncomfortable, and makes everyone run for cover. But that hasn't stopped us from the work. We have had much to do and little time to do it all.

I first want to warn everyone that I've been transferred again. I'm in a side-city of Curitiba, São José dos Pinhais. I'm happily working with Elder Marques, but here's the trick. I'm now busy re-learning the area.

Last week I saw a great effort made to lift those who are less active. But as of yet the ward is weak in this part. We had a lot of recent converts that otherwise would be less active if it weren't for visits.

The party we had this week was cool:  Pizza and games of selfie-hot-potato. We had lots of fun.

This week we visited a member new to the church who taught us a great lesson. Don't expect to be less active, but don't be surprised by it. He told us he didn't understand how people go less active, but then God gave him a curve-ball that about made him go. It was nice to hear his testimony and see the strength that he has in moving forward.

That's all I have time for this week. Have fun, take care, enjoy the warm weather!

Elder Joel A. Smith






 

No comments:

Post a Comment