Sunday, July 3, 2016

My week Brasil‏



[from 6-13-16]
 
This week I had the great moments to serve the people here and contact independently of rank or position in society. I got to talk to a monk, a member of a band, and a whole lot of everyday people. My number of contacts has sky-rocketed, and I'm beginning to feel as Paul: "I'm not ashamed of the gospel of Christ." I'm all woken up and I'm beginning to use those first experiences to shout the gospel into the minds of those who give me a moment to speak.  I'm only hoping the Spirit won’t mind using my limited tongue!

We had a split this week that ended up being fun just because of the fact I got put with my companion from the MTC again:  Elder Taylor …  good times, good times. But in the split we had the challenge of making 20 people each look at us and talk to them. We got that pretty quick, but the day in and of itself wasn't easy. We had to deal with the holiday of "LOVER’S DAY" like Valentine’s but Brasilian. That was a load of fun. Lots of people were out and about, but it wasn't that easy to talk to them as it was cold, like 5 degrees C, and with the humidity and wind ... it hasn't been easy to sleep, that I'll openly confess.

The other thing that I wanted to note, we unfortunately have to say goodbye to our president as he is being switched at the end of the month. That's a home-sick thought. But he has been an excellent leader, and I'll be taking with me a lot of what he's said.

I hope you have a good week.  Enjoy the pix!
Prayers and thoughts of you all!

Elder Joel A. Smith

Elder Smith in a Thick Coat

Elder Smith Making Faces

Frio de Janeiro (Rio= river, Frio I think you can guess)

No comments:

Post a Comment