Sunday, July 3, 2016

Wake Me Up, BRASIL

[from 6/6/16]



I'm realizing that it's wild:  this whole ordeal of the mission is about strengthening your testimony as well as the testimonies of those you serve. I had a week where I was pushed to my limit in my patience and good nature in a lot of moments. But what has sustained me is the knowledge that Christ has suffered  more than anything that I have yet to experience. I saw that in a lesson this week with a less active member with a huge potential. We testified in respect of the temple and the power it has to unite our families forever. The Spirit made it very clear that that was what we needed to teach.

The other thing that is throwing me off is the cold that doesn't end when we go home. It follows us! But for my companion from Rio, it's worse, I'm sure. We are still working on the change of the patterns that we have to be perfect in all things. That is going to be a lot of work. But this week was wet. We got to see the storm. I hope this week that comes we can see the rewards.

I also wanted to share a brief story with you all. While we were walking to a few of our lessons the hymns came to mind "Called to Serve" and "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go," and I had the thought of Him (Christ) in the garden. "Not my will but thine be done." So that's what I'm going to be working on this week.  My scripture this week for pondering is 1 John 1:7:  “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

That is going to be my thought this week.  Have a good one!

Elder Joel A. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment